Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

 “Because my work is not literal, not an exact place or thing, my audience tends to be made up of people who are capable of interpreting life in different ways. I think of my work as being like a visual poem. It’s the accuracy of a feeling, not the accuracy of representation that I am interested in." - Nicholas Wilton

 This is my "visual poem". It appears in the new issue of Somerset Apprentice (Spring 2016). I'm always happy and grateful when a painting makes it because, even though I love working with collage and textiles, my first love is painting. And in this magazine, you also get step-by-step information on how it was created.


This piece does have collage, but the painting is the most important element.
 





 


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being published for your amazing work. Embracing Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My admiration for your talent grows by the day Colette. Congratulations on a wonderful publication. Another I may have to invest in.
    Lynn X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.