Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

 We had a very serious power outage today. A large section of the city, both commercial and residential, including my neighbourhood, was affected. What dismayed me was how people thought the worst and jumped to conclusions without any real information: that the outage could last for 6 days, that electricity was "hard to control", and nonsense like that. Which is scary considering the consequences of such a long power outage in the middle of winter. I injected any commonsense that I could into my conversations with people and decided to take it one step at a time. The power came back on within 3 hours of the outage.

Meanwhile, I'm reminded again not to take certain things for granted.


 On my easel today, a painting begun many years ago, finished last night.





Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that it happened! Glad that it was ( fairly) short. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.