Pages

Monday, July 07, 2014

I'm slowly clearing my work space, determined to have it done by the end of summer. I need space to breathe as I can only work in the midst of chaos for so long. While going through piles of stuff, I can across some old photos of my paintings, taken before my digital era (!). Before I got into collage, textiles, mixed media, etc., I used to paint on canvas. I still do, but it's now only a tiny part of my repertoire. Again, it's a matter of space. Canvasses take space that I don't have (and, unfortunately, they don't pay the bills). At the time, I was with a gallery that liked my work, sold it, and paid me promptly. Then the gallery closed, and I never found a replacement; if anything, I had enough bad experiences with galleries that I gave them up.






 I do better with smaller work now, but I do miss putting a fresh canvas on my easel and slathering it with paint!

Available in my Etsy shop


 

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. Why not enjoy all that colourful art on an 'art wall'? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much all of it is sold and/or gifted to family and friends.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.