Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

This is pretty much how I work.
I get an idea (a shape, a colour, a theme) and mull it over in my mind.
If it grabs me, I go for it.
This one started with two colours, red and pink.


I decided on red and magenta with white for different shades of pink. When I turned the canvas board, I saw two houses.

So I filled in the house shapes.

Given the tropical colours, I added a palm tree.

The tree created a "space" to the left. I remembered the black birds that used to hover over my breakfast in the tropics, and the piece was finished.

 

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I like seeing how you work too....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.